Why Study at the Sydney City School of Law
There are many reasons why one would study at the Sydney City School of Law, but I only listed a few below:
1. Nationally accredited: our program is recognised by TEQSA and the NSW LPAB, following the accreditation standards of all Australian law schools.
2. Outstanding teaching team, passionate about law and committed to students: highly experienced faculty dedicated to developing a program focused on the best outcomes for students.
3. Small class sizes: high-level of engagement between professors and students. This guarantees a personalised experience and greater access to the support required to reach your full potential.
4. Unique curriculum: a focus on International Law, Commerce and Technology.
5. Highest professional standards: helping students to develop the skills required of a 21st century lawyer working in a wide range of settings, from law practice to business, government and technology.
6. Work integrated learning - Internship opportunities: located in the Australian Technology Park (ATP) with opportunities for valuable internships. Don’t just learn about the theory of a start-up; learn by being part of one. This includes are important alliance with world leading firm, PWC.
7. State of the art facilities and technology: SCSL has plans to develop a Smart Campus, offering a highly connected and 21st Century Information Age environment fostering lifelong learning. We are presently piloting virtual reality applications in accounting and have done preliminary virtual reality work in law.
8. Opportunity to be a pioneer and builder of institutions: play a part in helping us create a special law program and creating a legacy, rather than being forced to fit into a 19th century model. Don’t be a captive of someone else’s history; help us make history by creating a program with a real and positive difference.
9. International linkages: students will benefit from the opportunity of an international experience through the School’s linkages, particularly to Asia, the region of greatest future growth in the global economy. Even in our first year we have organised a one semester study program for the final year of the degree in which our students will study in Shanghai at Fudan University, one of China’s leading universities.
10. Study in Sydney—One of the world’s great cities: Sydney is one of the world’s greatest and most beautiful cities. Located in the heart of Sydney with easy access to the campus by bus or train, the ATP fosters a professional atmosphere amongst prestigious and innovative businesses, as well as access to a range of cafes, restaurants, public spaces, basketball and tennis courts, and other amenities.
You can also check the video I made here: https://youtu.be/fsNHlzJQqhk
Dr Eugene Clark is Dean and Professor of Law, Sydney City School of Law: Eugene.Clark@top.edu.au
14th November 2016