IMC offers students the opportunity to study at Fudan University in Shanghai, China for one semester.
Study Program at Fudan University in China
Studying abroad is a great opportunity to experience another culture, and IMC offers and supports eligible students in selected programs, the opportunity to complete up to four subjects at Fudan University.
Fudan University is one of the top C9 universities in China and ranked number 40 in the 2018 QS World University Rankings(1).
The unique opportunity to live and study in China will allow you to develop a deep understanding of China's business, social network, culture and international relations, helping you to create a bright career in the future!
Eligible students include those studying:
- Bachelor of International Business (General or Accounting Major)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Students who are eligible are those who are current Australian Citizen’s or those who hold a Permanent residency
Entry requirements for studying abroad:
- You must have successfully completed 3 terms of recognised study at IMC at the time of your application
- You must have at least 8 units remaining in your degree
- You must be of good academic standing. The minimum requirement is a “credit” average (65%) with no subjects completed below a “Pass” grade at IMC
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have the academic background and personal qualities needed to become a successful study abroad student
- You must hold an Australian Citizenship or PR before applying
Contact the Student Services Manager to arrange a time to meet and discuss your options.
Deadline for applications will be census date of Semester 1 each year.
Download the application form HERE.
If you are an eligible student and would like to apply for this exchange opportunity, please download the below forms, read, fill out and submit to email@example.com.
What IMC offers for students
- Tuition fees for compulsory program courses at Fudan
- Return economy flights between Sydney and Shanghai
- Twin share accommodation in Shanghai
- Scholarships available for selected students (conditions apply)
Reasons to study at Fudan University
- One of the oldest and most selective universities in China with more than 100 years history
- Ranks amongst top 5 in China and top 100 in the world
- Member of C9 league of Elite Universities in China (similar to the US Ivy League)
- The atmosphere is comprehensive, with a multicultural feel and environment
- Located in Shanghai, the economic centre of China and the most international and dynamic city
- Transportation in Shanghai is convenient with totally 13 subway lines
- About 74 Fortune 500 companies have located their regional headquarters in Shanghai, where there are many jobs opportunities, making it attractive for those hoping to find a part-time job during studies, or full-time employment after graduation
- Classes and full programs taught in English
IMC is working constantly to develop new international opportunities to study abroad.
Click the image below or HERE to download the Global Opportunities Booklet for more information.
Once you have been formally accepted by Fudan University you will need to apply for a visa from the embassy or consulate of China.
Please use the link below to access Australian Embassies, Consulates and missions websites around the world: http://protocol.dfat.gov.au/
Australian Departure Information
For information relating to departing Australia (including passport stamping, items to declare, documentation required) please visit: http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Goin/Departing
Flights and Health Insurance
Although economy flights are arranged through IMC complimentary, students are responsible for all travel insurance costs. IMC strongly recommends that every student obtains travel and health insurance prior to departure.
Registering Travel (Be a Smartraveller!)
Before you go make sure you register your journey with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
DFAT will provide you with safety warnings specific to your travel destination, everything from severe weather warnings, to information on drinking water. They will also provide information to an emergency contact of your choice.
To register your travel please refer to the following link: http://smartraveller.gov.au/help/me/australia/planning/Pages/register-travel.aspx
To find the closest Australian embassy to your destination visit the following link: http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/our-locations/missions/Pages/our-embassies-and-consulates-overseas.aspx
(1)The latest 2018 QS World University Rankings showed that Fudan University reached number 40 across the world, rising from spot 51 in 2015. Four universities in mainland China, namely, Tsinghua University, Peking University, Fudan University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, were selected into the top 100 universities. As one of the three authoritative rankings, QS World University Rankings bases its results on the parallel comments within five years from excellent scholars and employers of more than 100 countries as well as data analysis in the largest database Scopus/Elsevier, while the rankings before were the analysis of those within 3 years. Meanwhile, this time, the index was managed with standardised method, averagely distributed into five subject areas – arts and humanity, engineering and technology, life science and medical science, natural science, and social science and management. Please see HERE for more information.