School of Law
Making history: building on tradition to shape future Legal Education
Be part of the Story
Top Education Institute is a fully accredited tertiary education provider founded in 2001. Since its establishment, TOP has distinguished itself by providing quality higher education focusing on international business studies at both the Bachelor and Masters level. In 2010, the TOP Council resolved to establish the Sydney City School of Law, building on TOP’s strength of internationalisation in tertiary education. In 2013, the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) formally granted TOP accreditation to provide legal education.
In 2015, TOP made history when the New South Wales Legal Profession Admission Board accredited the TOP LLB as a course fulfilling the academic knowledge requirement for admission to legal practice in Australia. TOP became the first non-university tertiary education provider in Australia of an LLB degree that enables its graduates to apply for admission as professional lawyers.
Not resting on these achievements, TOP undertook a comprehensive revision of its LLB curriculum in order to give even greater emphasis to the prescribed areas of required academic legal knowledge, the development of fundamental legal skills such as written and oral communication, research, analysis, reasoning, advocacy and negotiation, all taught through a carefully designed curriculum that supports incremental learning by students. Our aim is to produce the very best lawyers we can, whose skills will take them wherever they aspire to go.
Our LLB was recently re-accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board, for the maximum period of 5 years.
Now you can be part of the story.
Make Sydney City School of Law your Choice
- A high quality legal education for the 21st century
- Small class sizes that ensure individualised attention and an educational focus on active learning.
- SCSL treats students as people and not numbers, encouraging them as active participants in a vibrant law school community.
- Award winning teaching staff and experienced legal professionals and scholars with domestic and international experience combine their skills to provide an engaged, contemporary learning environment.
- Accessible teaching staff provide individual support and guidance inside and outside the classroom.
- Our Moot Court, excellent facilities and state-of-the-art technology support teaching and learning
- 12,000 volumes of law eBooks ensuring you have a convenient library available to you where you want it and when you want it
- Unique location in South Eveleigh (formerly the Australian Technology Park) with easy access to transport in the heart of Sydney
- Excellent student support services
- FEE-HELP for eligible Australian students
- Full accreditation by the NSW Legal Profession Admission Board (LPAB)