You are here:
For our next intake!
This course can serve as an entry and exit point for the Master of Business Administration (MBA). The course requires study of the first eight units of the MBA.
An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification, including an overseas qualification*) OR an Australian graduate certificate or graduate diploma in business that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies; OR
a minimum of 6 years relevant and full-time equivalent work experience**, with evidence of at least 2 years in a management position, a letter of reference from the applicant’s employer and a written statement by the applicant of their capacity to undertake the MBA successfully.
The selection panel for all applicants will comprise the Dean, Director of the MBA and one member of the Marketing/Admissions staff.
Note: Applicants are assessed for admission to the MBA. The GCBA and GDBA are exit awards ONLY.
*Overseas qualifications will be assessed by TOP’s selection panel having regard to the applicable National Qualification Framework of the country concerned.
* * Relevant work experience must have imparted an understanding of how a business operates, including working knowledge of a range of areas such as budgeting, staffing, project management, financial reporting, process management or other relevant commercial experience.
• IELTS Academic A minimum overall score of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.0.
• TOEFL Paper-based A minimum score of 570 with a score of 5 or better in the Test of Written English.
• TOEFL Internet-based A minimum score of 80 with minimum overall for SLR 20; W 22.
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE) Minimum score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
• TOP nominated English Provider (ELICOS) English for Academic Purposes at Advanced level.
The course contains: 8 subjects
TMKT601 Marketing Management
TMGT602 Individual, Group and Organisational Behaviour
TACC602 Accounting for Business
TECO602 Economic Environment of Business
Exit with a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
TFIN601 Business Finance
TSTA601 Business Research Methods
TMGT600 Human Resource Management
TMGT603 Leadership and Ethical Behaviour
Exit with a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
* Elective subjects are available from TOP’s Master of International Business and Master of Marketing & Public Relations.
To qualify for the degree of Master of Business Administration a student must complete 16 subjects (96 credit points) including 14 core subjects and 2 elective subjects.
Employment opportunities exist in senior and middle management positions in business (sales, marketing, finance, accounting, general management, operations), government, non-profit and non-governmental organisations. Careers include general management, marketing, entrepreneurship and start-ups, consulting and operations.